Tuesday 20 September 2011

My review of a NTU Multimedia graduate

  Whilst browsing the NTU Multimedia alumni list, I came across the work of Philip Howlett.

  I immediately recognised the 'The Second City' flythrough that had captured my imagination during the Multimedia open day exhibition, I found that the outstanding level of finesse and technical ability shown in the work was a great example of how to achieve in the virtual environments aspect of the course.


The Second City from Philip Howlett on Vimeo.

  On his website, Mr. Howlett thanked fellow NTU Multimedia graduate Robert Anthill for his assistance on the after effects on the flythrough video, what I found on Mr. Anthill's website blew my mind.


  Things that particuarly impressed me in the portfolio were the levels of technical skill in multiple facets of media (I guess that's why they call it Multimedia?)
  He showed an ability to express himself in a range of forms, from striking photography, to varied and engaging CGI as well as innovative video.

  The variety and inspirational impact of the work from Mr. Anthill showcases all of the things that I believe I'm going to love about Multimedia once I start the course, as every one of the areas that he has covered in his portfolio holds a great interest for myself.


  Previous to University I studied at John Taylor High School where my Art tutors assisted me in pushing my creative boundaries and honing my artistic skillset.

A sample of my creative work can be found in my portfolio.
http://jbmcbride.daportfolio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment